Monday, April 11, 2011

A lot of people don't believe in luck. Most just chalk it up to a superstitious frivolity. While I don't believe in keeping a horseshoe upright or carry the dismembered limb of a helpless animal to stroke in times of distress, I do believe in the general concept of luck. I honestly believe there are some people in this world that things just work out for, and there are some people that will constantly draw the short straw. Fortunately for me, I happen to be of the former. Maybe it's my personality, maybe it's my Irish heritage; of the reason I am uncertain. But things just seem to have a way of working out. It was only when I realized things were going well that I had an epiphany. Maybe things work out because I want them to. My new philosophy is that we can all make our own luck. If we want something and we work hard enough, we can have it. Most people consider it good fortune because they have been given something good. I consider it the positive outcome of a job well done. So is it ever really luck? Or are we just being given what we deserve? A four leaf clover is indeed rare, but not if we could breed our own special strain of them. I guess the bottom line is that we can all have what we want if we're willing to put in the time. If I can do it, you can do it too. Breed your own four leaf clovers. Make your own luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment