Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Word on Happiness

Happiness comes in many forms. For me this week, it came in many shapes and under many different monikers. The smooth and painless passing of a loved one was a great blessing. It of course had me pondering the implications of my actions, and still has me hoping that I might be able to leave this life with no regrets and zero burnt bridges. I also had the opportunity to get in touch with my roots and really appreciate my heritage. Being able to reconnect with my immediate and extended family has really aided me in my quest for happiness. I feel like the icy fingers of hopelessness have relinquished their grip on me. I'm finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Do I still have a long and arduous journey ahead? Of course. But now i'm prepared for the ride. Another great blessing has been the kind ears of a friend. My grandiose and existentialist views are probably not always a sweet tune to hear, but the ears are always open and have helped me find a great new attitude. I stated earlier this evening that not only is the glass half full, but I drank the first half already and enjoyed every drop. My attempts to remain optimistic have drawn a new conclusion; optimism breeds happiness. I'm happy now. Is it permanent? Probably not. But I will enjoy it while it lasts and do my best to maintain it. Things are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment