Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tomorrow

The blaring noise of my cell phone's alarm clock looms. I can almost hear the annoying blast rousing me from my light but fitful sleep. I'm currently debating which plan for tomorrow I should follow. Plan A: Get up, shower, go to class. Plan B: Get up, shower, get breakfast, go to class. Plan B requires me to wake up a half hour earlier than I would otherwise. Either way, the sleep will never be enough. The apathy behind my ambivalence is sort of shocking. I feel like I'm always in a rush. I'm rushing off to class, I'm rushing back to my apartment to sit down for a moment, I'm rushing off to work. Why does the world require us to rush, to be fast? Does no one want us to take time to stop and smell the roses anymore? Then again, there are no roses. The roses have been replaced by sidewalks and the corporate drones that continue to run our lives. I don't look forward to tomorrow. Work, school, sidewalks, and a predilection to put myself on autopilot for the day. I guess it's just a small window into every other day in the near future. For now, I'm content having consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment