Monday, April 29, 2013

Man Overboard

Acceptance is beautiful. Today I washed my favorite poison from my life, and could not be more pleased with my decision. I've been through every step with this bad habit of mine, except acceptance. Until today I have continuously failed to recognize the situation for what it was; toxic. I have hemmed, hawed, and stalled to the best of my abilities waiting for the circumstances and bad attitudes to change. Coincidentally, it was words of wisdom from tattooed miscreant Ronnie Radke that saved me today. "So save yourself! Because the tide is rising high... It's sink or swim. It's hit or miss. What will you pick? So take some action! Don't let the undertow grab hold. It's sink or swim. It's hit or miss. Man overboard. I bid farewell, to you fairweather friend. I know someday you'll get what you deserve. And after all the bridges you have burned, I forgive you for the things you have done. I bid farewell." I will finish with some words of my own. You will poison my life and darken my doorway, no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment